You will love this recipe for Halloween cake batter rice krispie treats! I made them for a bake sale at Hayden’s school, and I’ve since started trying out holiday-themed with different types of sprinkles. The original recipe is from Gimme Some Oven and they are a go-to in our house. These are so easy and delicious it’s Scary (or whatever silly Halloween reference you can throw in there). Maybe I’m a weakling, but it does get difficult to stir once you add the rice krispies, so rest up first or have somebody on standby to take over. I wish I was kidding.
Halloween Cake Batter Rice Krispie Treats
- 4 Tbs Butter
- 10 oz bag of mini marshmallows
- ½ cup yellow cake mix (I like the French Vanilla
- 5 cups Rice Krispies
- 1¾ oz sprinkles
- Melt butter over low heat, then add marshmallows.
- When the marshmallows are almost melted, take off the heat, add in cake mix and whisk.
- Add cereal and mix together.
- Add half of the sprinkles and slightly mix (if the sprinkles get too warm, they will start to bleed their color so don’t mix too much!).
- Press into baking dish lined with parchment paper and add remaining sprinkles.
- Let cool for 30 minutes, cut and sink yours fangs in. Okay, I'm done with the jokes now.
These seriously take about 15 minutes to throw together (the bagging is another story, but I’m really tired so my hands were working at about half speed). I found the baggies, ribbon, and ghost sprinkles at Michaels. If you’re an avid Michael’s shopper like I am, you know they put out holiday decor 6 months in advance, so you can load up on supplies and make these for every holiday! Another great thing about this recipe is that it’s great for all your holidays or special occasions. Switch out your sprinkles and you’re good to go! Try them out and let me know what you think about these Halloween cake batter rice krispie treats.
If you’re on a roll and looking for a fun Halloween craft, check out this Door Hanger.