This Summer Berry Treasure Dessert was one of the first recipes I ever tried from Pinterest from Mr. & Mrs. Pear and it has been a summertime dessert staple in our house ever since. It’s super easy, delicious, and it completely fills a large baking dish, so it’s a great dessert to make for parties. I always make it around summer holidays and decorate it with a berry flag on top, but use your imagination!
You can get your kids involved as well by letting them come up with their own berry designs.
You can make whatever pattern you want or none at all if you want to keep it simple (I should say simpl-ER. This really couldn’t be easier to put together). The crunchy crust mixed with crsip berries and delicious Cool Whip is such a nice balance. If you ever need a summer dessert, this is it!
- 1½ cups crushed graham crackers you could also use any type of light cookie- vanilla wafers, shortbread cookies, etc.
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp plus 2 1/2 cups milk
- 16 oz thawed Cool Whip
- 1 pint sliced strawberries
- 1 pint blueberries
- 6.8 oz French vanilla instant pudding
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine crust ingredients and press into a 9x13 baking dish.
- Bake for 8 minutes and cool.
- Add cream cheese, 1/4 cup of sugar, and 2 tbsp of milk and beat until smooth.
- Fold in half of the Cool Whip.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over your cooled crust and add berries (feel free to change the types of berries you use).
- Mix the pudding with 2 1/2 cups of milk until it reaches pudding consistency.
- Pour and spread pudding over the berries and chill for several hours (overnight works too, but I almost never mange to be that far ahead of schedule. #momlife)
- Spread remaining 8 oz of Cool Whip and add any additional fruit you want.
See?? Super easy, super cute, and always a crowd pleaser. When I’m trying to be good, I’ll divide up the leftovers and send home with friends, but I’m usually stingy and keep it to myself. If strawberries are on sale, stock up and try out this strawberry sauce!
What are your 4th of July plans? Let me know if you try your own summer berry treasure dessert and what you think about it! For updates on new posts, follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. Have a happy and safe July 4th!